You tell us.
It's quite possible Christopher Nolan locked The Dream of a Lifetime into his memory bank, not knowing years later it would subconsciously shape Inception:
"That contraption is made to help psychiatrists examine the dreams of their patients! The wearer of such a brain-scanner can mentally enter into the dreams of the subject!"
Perhaps Nolan tried to cover up his real source of inspiration with his high brow reference to French New Wave director Alain Resnais:
"I'm ripping off the movies that ripped off 'Last Year at Marienbad, without having seen the original. It's that much a source of ideas, really, about the relationships between dream and memory and so forth, which is very much what 'Inception' deals with. But we have way more explosions."
What do you think? Typical asinine internet conspiracy theory? Or a deeply buried love for DuckTales? Ah, the melody of my childhood...
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades