Want to know how to start your own vlog? Starting a video blog is simple...
Step 1 Get a camera!
It is a video blog, after all. Though you may see some people with very fancy (and expensive) cameras, don't be discouraged if all you have is your webcam. That is perfectly fine to start out with. But it is suggested that you do upgrade to a higher quality camera in the future. Your local electronics store should sell some good ones for a relatively cheap price.
- If you do spring for an expensive camera, make sure it is within your technical ability to use it.
- Don't just get the most expensive camera because you think it'll get the most attention. Most of the time, people watch because of the person in front of the camera, not the camera itself.
Step 2 Find a place to film!
While filming, you'll want to be in an area that has good lighting and no distractions. That is crucial to making a good video.
- A place without any noise pollution is ideal. Especially if you don't have top-notch sound equipment.
- A lot of vloggers would say you should have a solid background with minimal distractions. That way the audience is focused on you and not the wallpaper behind you.
Step 3 Write it!
You don't have to write out the world's best script, but it does help if you outline your ideas so you don't lose track of them.
Step 4 Edit it!
Editing is a very important part of the video blogging process. It allows you to cut out any unwanted parts and helps slim down the video. That way, you end up with a clean 4-minute video instead of a boring 11-minute video.
- Make sure you cut out any awkward pauses that may have come up during filming.
- Try to make any cuts or transitions as smooth as possible. People don't like watching sloppily put together videos.
Step 5 Upload it!
Congratulations! You made your first video blog. Now it's time to upload it to the video sharing site of your choice. Get ready to show your masterpiece to the world!
- Be vigilant online. Never reveal any personal information on the internet.
- You may attract some negative viewers, or "trolls" as they are called online. The best thing you can do is ignore them. Responding to them is only going to fire them up. Shrug it off, because as they say online, "Haters gonna hate!".
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.